Founded 22 years ago, Theirworld has grown to become a leading global children’s charity committed to the best start in life for children and young people by ending the education crisis and unleashing the potential of the next generation.
If you care about issues like climate change, gender equality, inclusion, helping refugees and ensuring the voices of young people are represented at all levels of decision-making, then education is the key to unlocking big change in these areas. If you want to make change happen, join us!
We believe in unlocking big change from a supportive and inclusive environment. This is why, in 2024, we are in the second year of an innovative 4-day-working-week trial which sees all employees working Monday to Thursday with the office closed on most Fridays.
This is in addition to hybrid working with most staff taking one day a week based in the office.
Other benefits include:
- Regular in-house training
- Central London location: 5 mins from Liverpool St Station and Shoreditch High Street
- Highly competitive salaries
About the role
As our Communications team continues to grow, we are seeking a creative and highly organised Design & Content Assistant to join us. The role will sit within our Content team, which is responsible for Theirworld’s design, branding, photography and film work, ensuring every piece of content we generate fits with our strong, and unique brand.
You will be experienced in using Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, and be able to respond creatively to a wide range of internal design briefs – from materials for high-profile events to putting together our latest report.
You will also support our Communications team more widely, including helping with the administration of our asset library, helping with event branding, liaising with suppliers and creating briefs for external designers.
This role would suit an individual with a minimum of 1-3 years of design experience (or a recent graduate with a relevant degree), a strong attention to detail and who feels passionate about using their skills for a greater purpose.
Your role sits within the Communications team, reporting to our Head of Content and Film and will cover:
Working on a range of internal design briefs, including:
- Creating assets for both digital and print use, such as reports, event invites, branded pop-ups, social media posts, presentation decks and branded merchandise
- Sourcing imagery from our library and external partners and suppliers
- Collaborating with our Head of Content and other teams within the organisation to receive and implement feedback and gain approvals
- Ensuring our content adheres to our brand guidelines across different media and teams
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure materials are printed correctly
Supporting the day-to-day management of our Data Asset Manager (DAM), Bynder
Full training with our systems will be provided.
- Reviewing and uploading incoming content (e.g., photography from an event), ensuring it is tagged and captioned correctly
- Supporting teams in finding content in the DAM and using our assets correctly
- Reviewing and updating existing tags and categories
Ad-hoc support to our Communications team, including but not limited to:
- Supporting branding and photography at events
- Liaising with suppliers
- Creating and managing briefs for external designers
These responsibilities and functions may be adjusted for the right candidate and, over time, as needs change.
Experience, skills and character
- Confident in use of:
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Office
- Comfortable working across both print and digital media
- Organised and able to work with systems
- Excellent project management skills with ability to communicate clearly and confidently across teams
- Able to work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experienced in working with brand guidelines
- Strong eye for design, consistency and detail
- Some experience or working knowledge of the following would be a plus:
- Adobe Premiere or similar video editing software
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe After Effects
Circa £26,000 based on qualifications and experience.
Apply for this role
Please submit your CV and a covering email including a link to your portfolio or three examples of your design work to [email protected] including the name of the role of interest in the subject line of your email.
Only open to applicants with the right to work in the UK.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is successfully filled.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make any reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend any interview, please let us know.