Founded 20 years ago and Chaired by Sarah Brown, Theirworld has grown to become a leading global children’s charity committed to the best start in life for children and young people by ending the education crisis and unleashing the potential of the next generation.
If you care about issues like climate change, gender equality, inclusion, helping refugees and ensuring the voices of young people are represented at all levels of decision-making then education is the key to unlocking big change in these areas. If you want to make change happen, join us!
We believe in unlocking big change from an environment which is supportive and inclusive. This is why, in 2023, we are trialing an innovative 4-day-working-week model which sees all employees working Monday to Thursday with the office closed on Fridays.
This is in addition to hybrid working with a minimum of one day a week based in the office.
Other benefits include:
- Regular in-house training
- Central London location: 5 mins from Liverpool St Station and Shoreditch High Street
- Highly competitive salaries
About the role
We seek an individual with a minimum of 1-3 years of social media experience who feels passionate about using their content and community management skills for a greater purpose.
A deep understanding of the leading social media channels (we operate Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter and YouTube), how they work, and how to develop high-quality content which engages our primary audiences are essential requirements for the successful applicant.
The role sits within our six-strong Communications team and reports to our Head of Digital Communications.
Some examples of our recent work on social:
- TikTok created by one of our Global Youth Ambassadors on disability awareness for the Global Disability Youth Summit 2022 link to post
- Instagram Live conversation hosted by journalist Lorraine Candy with Sarah Brown, Yasmine Sherif and youth activist Kashvi Chandok link to post
- Twitter space conversation from Moldova discussing the Ukrainian refugee crisis between Theirworld President Justin van Fleet and consultant Maysa Jalbout link to article (note: original space recording no longer available)
The post will cover a broad range of social media skills, with particular attention to:
- Coordinating annual, monthly, and weekly social media calendars
- Developing text copy and audio-visual assets across all our social media channels
- Coming up with creative ideas for content and different content formats
- Creating content and messaging which conforms to brand guidelines
- Delivering reports and ad-hoc advice to the Communications and Fundraising teams on what resources and assets are required for our social media channels
- Maintaining and using our social media management platforms
- Supporting our influencer relations and celebrity outreach
These responsibilities and functions may be adjusted slightly for the right candidate and over time as needs change.
Experience, skills and character
- An interest in global issues and campaigning through social media channels
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills. Ability to follow brand style, messaging and tone-of-voice guidelines
- Able to follow brand messaging, style and tone-of-voice guidelines
- Experience developing high volumes of social media posts within a short timeframe. Posting, scheduling and performance reporting. This includes the development of both copy and visual assets to accompany them
- Able to work with high-profile personalities and online influencers to provide briefs and support them in publishing online advocacy on behalf of Theirworld
- Experience using graphic design and social media tools, e.g., Canva, Adobe, Sprout
- Enthusiastic about all social media channels, staying up to date with the latest platform developments and engaging directly with the Theirworld audiences online
- Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Resilient, a self-starter and a team player
Circa £28,000 + based on qualifications and experience.
Apply for this role
Please submit your CV and a covering email to [email protected] including the name of the role of interest in the subject line of your email.
Closing date for applications: 31st January
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is successfully filled.