Theirworld is an influential global charity aiming to end the global education crisis and unleash the potential of the next generation. We work to ensure that every child has the best start in life, a safe place to learn, and skills for the future. To achieve this, we are tackling the lack of political will, financial commitment and action that is currently preventing the realisation of inclusive, quality education for all children. We bring together experience and evidence from our research and projects alongside the passion and power of our campaigns and communications to unlock the big, transformational changes needed to end the global education crisis.
We have existed since 2002, and we are currently going through an exciting period of growth and transformation - assembling a world-class team of campaigners, communicators, researchers, advocates and project managers with the skills, commitment to our mission, and strong team spirit and creative energy to turn the organisation’s vision into reality.
About the role
We are seeking a Finance Assistant to join our growing team. Reporting to the Grants and Finance Director and working with the organisation’s Finance team, the role will be based in London.
The post will cover a broad range of administrative skills, with particular attention to:
· Data entry of invoices, income and salary journals onto our financial software package (Iris Financials)
· Processing monthly payments via our online bank account
· Understanding and maintaining the income, expenditure and petty cash logs
· Monitoring and maintaining incoming invoices and donations
These responsibilities and functions may change over time as the organisation grows.
Experience, skills and character
· A well-organised individual with excellent engagement and communication skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and nuance
· Ideally an ability to use an Iris Financials accounting database (formerly PS Financials), although training will be given if required
· Efficient, quick-thinking, thorough and detail-oriented
Apply for this role
Please submit your CV and a covering email to email@example.com including the name of the role of interest in the subject line of your email.
Applications close on Wednesday 14th October 2020.