Theirworld is a global children’s charity aiming to end the global education crisis and unleash the potential of the next generation. We work to ensure that every child has the best start in life, a safe place to learn, and skills for the future.
To achieve this, we are tackling the lack of political will, financial commitment and action that is currently preventing the realisation of inclusive, quality education for all children. We bring together experience and evidence from our research and projects alongside the passion and power of our campaigns and communications to unlock the big, transformational changes needed to end the global education crisis.
We have existed since 2002, and we are currently going through an exciting period of growth and transformation - assembling a world-class team of campaigners, communicators, researchers, advocates and project managers with the skills, commitment to our mission, and strong team spirit and creative energy to turn the organisation’s vision into reality.
About the role
As our fundraising and events activities grow, we are seeking a creative and hard-working Fundraising and Events Assistant to join a small team. This individual will have very strong attention to detail, teamwork and multitasking skills, as well as the enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to make a positive contribution to the growth and development of our events and fundraising team.
This role may suit a recent graduate, or a candidate with 1-2 years’ experience in events or fundraising, or someone with at least a year of experience in administration or project support in the charitable or NGO sector.
- Assisting the planning and execution of small and large events, ranging from 15-450 people.
- Organizing the invitation, RSVP, processing of event attendees and participant briefing.
- Coordinating all logistical aspects of event planning and execution – ranging from room setup and catering to registration, participant materials, decorations, pop-up shops, digital media installations, ‘run-of-show’, high-level guest support, and other related tasks.
- Liaising with the communications team on communications, media and press.
- Booking and providing instructions to photographers and videographers.
- Maintaining impeccable records of event attendees, donors, and correspondence.
- Supporting the production of fundraising kits, solicitations and supporting fundraisers with mid-level donors.
- Briefing and supporting senior and executive-level staff on fundraising and events.
- Preparing for and supporting meetings of the Board of Trustees and the Theirworld Advisory Board.
- Assisting the Chair of the charity for part of the week on appointments, activities, and administration as Theirworld celebrates its 20th year in 2022.
These responsibilities and functions may be adjusted slightly for the right candidate and as our needs change over time. For example, the role may sometimes involve a heavy focus on a major event and at other times be more focused on fundraising and donor needs.
Experience, skills and character
- A creative thinker able to contribute and express ideas, and the ability to identify and exploit opportunities.
- Determined, enthusiastic and proactive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Strong time management skills, ability to juggle several tasks simultaneously and willingness to see a job through.
- Ability to get on with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to quickly pick up new software and communications tools and keep colleagues abreast of relevant and useful developments in the field.
- Understanding of Salesforce database is a plus.
Starting at £25,000 based on qualifications and experience.
Apply for this role
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and CV to [email protected] with the title of the position in the subject line.
Deadline for applications – October 8th with applications reviewed on a rolling basis.