Theirworld is a global children’s charity aiming to end the global education crisis and unleash the potential of the next generation. We work to ensure that every child has the best start in life, a safe place to learn, and skills for the future.
To achieve this, we are tackling the lack of political will, financial commitment and action that is currently preventing the realisation of inclusive, quality education for all children. We bring together experience and evidence from our research and projects alongside the passion and power of our campaigns and communications to unlock the big, transformational changes needed to end the global education crisis.
We have existed since 2002, and we are currently going through an exciting period of growth and transformation - assembling a world-class team of campaigners, communicators, researchers, advocates and project managers with the skills, commitment to our mission, and strong team spirit and creative energy to turn the organisation’s vision into reality.
About the role
Theirworld is seeking an engaging, creative, and experienced Senior Manager, Digital Communications to support our growing digital communications and campaigns programme. The role will work on a day-to-day basis to the Head of Media and Partnerships and Director of Digital and collaborate closely with various teams, particular policy, advocacy, programmes and fundraising/events. The Senior Manager’s team will also include a Digital Content Officer. The role will be based in our London office, with occasional domestic and international travel as required.
This individual will be responsible for strategy and implementation of communication across social media channels, primarily Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, including a small paid advertising program to support the expansion of our email list and action takers (petitions, one-time and recurring donors). They will also be responsible for our email communications programme and mobilisation of supporters (e.g. to take action or donate).
The successful candidate will have communications as well as technical expertise, including fluency in CRM systems, Content Management Systems, digital marketing and analytics platforms.
The person in this role will manage a social media and email calendar and develop content which draws on our advocacy campaigns, projects, Global Youth Ambassador programs, thought leadership of spokespeople and our research to create engaging content to build the organisation’s brand and expand the breadth and depth of our message to key audiences.
Create compelling content and build the brand
- Develop content and a tone that articulates Theirworld’s mission and builds our brand.
- Creatively harness our assets – stories from our projects, our Global Youth Ambassadors, policy and advocacy activities, campaigns, thought leadership, and original research – to tell the Theirworld story to our digital supporters and the broader public.
- Develop content which compels activists to join our membership base, donate, or take part in other mobilisation initiatives.
- Ensure digital mobilisation messaging is consistent with Theirworld’s voice and tone guidelines, in partnership with Communications and the advocacy campaign team.
- Respond to current events with engaging campaign and advocacy content to advance our key themes and issues.
- Ensure the Theirworld website, and related digital properties tell our story in a visually rich and compelling way.
Develop smart strategies
- Develop an overall digital content calendar for the organization.
- Work with our youth, projects, and campaign teams to identify how digital campaign tactics can support Theirworld’s initiatives.
Manage and Grow Supporter Base
- Expand and engage Theirworld’s mobilization base, beginning with our current community, then developing new strategies for deepening our engagement online.
- Develop strategies for use of email in collaboration with our campaign and communication team.
- Manage the email strategy and content for organisation communications and to support the campaign and advocacy teams.
- Support small fundraising through communications channels.
- Use A/B testing methods to improve social media content, the website, fundraising, and advocacy pages.
- Ensure digital actions (e.g. sign a petition, donate) are supported by appropriate follow-up engagement over email or social media.
- Work with the team to develop and implement paid digital advertising.
Track Data Analytics
- Understand and apply data analytics related to the campaign email list, website, and social channels to improve the effectiveness of the campaign.
- Track and compile digital, email and social networking analytics.
These responsibilities and functions may be adjusted slightly for the right candidate and over time as needs change.
Experience, skills and character
- Demonstrable interest in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, and economic, foreign, security and other policies affecting marginalised and vulnerable populations around the world.
- Demonstrable experience in strategic communications – working to inform and influence policy outcomes.
- Ability to work collegiately with youth, program teams, campaigners, researchers, and leadership to shape Theirworld’s digital presence for target audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and communicate with colleagues at high levels of seniority.
- Excellent writing and editing English skills, and attention to detail.
- Creative thinker – ability to find identify creative solutions – able to identify and exploit opportunities.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Resilient, a self-starter and a team player.
- Experience with CRM campaign tools such as ActionKit, Salsa Labs, Salesforce, BSD Tools or similar. Theirworld use ActionKit as our CRM tool of choice.
- Experience of running paid advertising campaigns, and ideally managing a charity Google Ads Grant.
- Experience scripting, directing and working with freelancers to develop compelling video content. This is a growing area of content creation for Theirworld.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, in particular Photoshop, InDesign and Premier Pro.
Starting at £46,000 + based on qualifications and experience.
Apply for this role
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and CV to [email protected] with the title of the position in the subject line.
Deadline for applications – Monday 3rd August 2021.