Help Theirworld change their world by leaving a gift in your will
Leaving a gift to Theirworld will allow us to continue our work to offer every child the best start in life, a safe place to learn, and skills for the future.
Giving to Theirworld through your will (leaving a legacy) is an easy way of ensuring you help us deliver a better future for many children and young people around the world. And we will be forever grateful.
Leaving a gift in your will is a simple thing to do, here are six easy steps to help you:
- Speak to a solicitor to ensure that your wishes are recorded correctly and your gift will be legally effective, whether you are writing a new will or updating an existing one. To find a solicitor who can help you in England and Wales go to www.lawsociety.org.uk or, if you are in Scotland, go to www.lawscot.org.uk.
- Ensure you include our correct details, name and charity number, and contact details.
- You can specify if you want your gift to go to our work with the Jennifer Brown Research Laboratory or to the campaign to end the global education crisis, or you can leave your gift as unspecified and it will go towards our general work.
- There are three types of gifts you can leave:
• A residual gift – this is a specified amount from the total value of your estate. Eg a percentage amount of your choosing after expenses and beneficiaries have been settled.
• A pecuniary gift – this is a fixed sum of money and can be any amount you choose.
• A specific gift – this could be any item of yours which you choose to leave to us, such shares, jewellery, or any item of value.
- If you are in the US you can visit: Legacy giving USA for more information.
- If you are elsewhere in the world please get in touch with us and we will endeavour to help.
If you have any questions or require further help in considering how to leave a gift to Theirworld please get in touch with us directly:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: + 44 (0) 20 3116 2735
Thank you for your support