Who we are
Founded 22 years ago and Chaired by Sarah Brown, Theirworld has grown to become a leading global children’s charity committed to the best start in life for children and young people by ending the education crisis and unleashing the potential of the next generation.
We are the charity that:
- Created double-shift schools; a project which led to more than 300,000 Syrian refugee children receiving education in Lebanon
- Helped create Education Cannot Wait; the United Nations’ global, billion-dollar fund for education in emergencies
- Created The Jennifer Brown Research Laboratory investigating safe pregnancy and premature birth
- Set up the first-ever Youth Takeover of the UN
- Achieved the largest-ever education petition in history with 11 million signatures demanding that every child has the right to go to school
Our work is helped by a network of high-profile supporters including; Dynamo, Minnie Driver, Matt Lucas, Nick Sharratt, Steve Nguyen, Sandi Toksvig, David Tennant, Rainn Wilson, and many more!
Comedians backed our #5for5 campaign (Theirworld)
We also work alongside youth, governments, businesses, NGOs, foundations, and campaigners like UNICEF, HP Inc., Snap Inc., and the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation.
Working week trial and other benefits!
We believe in unlocking big change from a supportive and inclusive environment. This is why, in 2024, we are in the second year of an innovative 4-day-working-week trial which sees all employees working Monday to Thursday with the office closed on most Fridays.
This is in addition to hybrid working with most staff taking one day a week based in the office.
Other benefits include:
- Regular in-house training: from Microsoft Office skills to social media and international campaigning
- Travel: there are opportunities to travel and visit our global projects and we send a team to the annual United Nations General Assembly in New York
- Central London location: 5 mins from Liverpool St Station and Moorgate with transport links to National Rail, the tube and Elizabeth Line
- Highly competitive salaries
Why work for us?
If you care about issues like climate change, gender equality, inclusion, helping refugees and ensuring the voices of young people are represented at all levels of decision-making, then education is the key to unlocking big change in these areas. If you want to make change happen, join us!