For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, the data controller of this website is Theirworld, a charity registered in England under number 1092312 whose registered office is at The Broadgate Tower, 20 Primrose Street, London, EC2A 2RS (“we” or / “us”).
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and respected.
What Personal information we collect about you
Personal Information is information from which you can be identified as an individual, whether directly or indirectly, such as your name, address, email address, company name, phone number, or other information that is specific to you (“Personal Information”). It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect the following Personal Information about you:
Your personal details, including: name, address, email address, company name and phone number (work and home) and any other information you provide on registration forms used for registering for any function of our Website; records of any correspondence between you and us; results of any surveys carried out for research purposes; details of any transactions carried out through our Website, including: your bank and card payment details, invoice details, details of order fulfilment; information about your computer, including: domain name, browser type and version, operating system, IP address, cookie information and time stamp.
We do not collect any special categories of Personal Information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We also collect some information about your internet visits, which are not directly connected to any personally identifiable information about you. This includes: traffic data, location data, weblogs, history of resources accessed on our Website and information on what Websites you visited before accessing our Website.
How we collect information about you
We use different methods to collect Personal Information from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Personal Information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes Personal Information you provide when you:
- register for an account on our Website;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- register or purchase tickets for events that we organise, whether directly through us or through our service third party providers; or
- give us feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this Personal Information by using cookies.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive Personal Information about you from various third parties and public sources, including analytics providers such as Google.
What we do with the Personal Information we collect
We will only use your Personal Information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you; or
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your Personal Information other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message.
Examples of what we do with your Personal Information include:
- To process your charitable donations;
- To facilitate the purchase of tickets for events that we host, and to deliver those events successfully;
- For internal record keeping;
- To administer contests and competitions;
- To administer and manage campaigns or petitions you may have signed up with us and/or our partner organisations;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new campaigns or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes;
- To provide you with feedback on the project you have chosen to donate to; and
- To analyse and improve our Website.
From time to time we may post customer testimonials, comments or reviews on our Website which may contain personal information such as the individual’s name. We will obtain each customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial.
International transfers of your Personal Information
Whenever we transfer your Personal Information out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
• We may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give Personal Information the same protection it has in Europe; or
• Where we use providers or based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to Personal Information shared between the Europe and the US; or
• Where countries have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Information by the European Commission, we may transfer your Personal Information to third parties based in those countries.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long will information be held for
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Disclosure of your personal information
- where it is necessary to provide Personal Information to our trusted third party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as event ticket sales services, hosting and maintaining our servers and the Website, database storage and management, e-mail and other social media marketing and donation processing, to the extent necessary to supply the services to you;
- where it is necessary to provide selected third parties, including analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website;
- where it is necessary to comply with the law or enforce any legal rights. For example, we may disclose information about you as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process, to protect our rights and interests or those of a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable court orders, laws, rules and regulations; or
- where we believe that we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others.
We may occasionally wish to share your Personal Information, including your email address, with our partner organisations as part of specific initiatives. Where this is the case, we will ask you for your consent in advance to share your Personal Information in this way. We ask you for your consent in advance to share your Personal Information in this way. We will not share any of your Personal Information with our partner organisations unless you consent by opting-in.
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to safeguard and secure the Personal Information we collect online.
We ensure that any information sent to us is encrypted (scrambled) using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This is industry standard encryption technology that prevents your Personal Information being intercepted and misused by third parties.
Our security professionals periodically monitor and test our web interface touch-points and implement technology updates in an effort to block attempts from unauthorised intrusions.
Please keep in mind that no Internet transmission is 100% secure. Some email sent to or from our Website may not be secure. Please consider this when sending information to us by email.
For reasons of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers we may obtain information about your general internet usage by allowing third party companies to use cookie files which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly Necessary cookies - these cookies are used for technical reasons and are necessary to enable the Site to operate efficiently so that you can navigate the Site with ease and use specific features. These include, for example, cookies that help us to debug any errors. If these cookies are blocked or disabled, some of the Site may not operate effectively.
Performance cookies - these cookies are used to obtain statistics about the number of users of the Site and how such users interact with the Site. These cookies collect Personal Information that is aggregated and therefore cannot be used to ascertain an individual's identity. Such Personal Information allows us to continuously improve the Site to provide users with a better online.
Functionality cookies - these cookies are used to improve the functionality of the Site and make it easier to use. They help us to identify you as a repeat user of the Site and help us remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region), improving your user experience.
Analytical - These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this Personal Information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it (if any) more relevant to your interests. We may also share this Personal Information with third parties for this purpose.
How do I control my cookie settings on my computer or device?
Please be aware that if you decide to disable or block cookies, parts of the Website may not function correctly, or at all.
Should you choose however to disable or block our cookies on your computer or other device you will need to do this through your browser. Click on the 'Help' menu on your particular browser to learn how to manage your cookie preferences. Alternatively, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu for comprehensive Personal Information on how to manage cookies.
If you are a consumer, we will only send you marketing communications by email where we have obtained your consent to do so.
If you wish to receive information and offers from us and you have not previously given us your consent, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional communications from us, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each email communication we send to you or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other Websites
Controlling your personal information
- the right to access the Personal Information that we may hold about you;
- the right to rectify any inaccurate Personal Information that we may hold about you;
- the right to have your Personal Information erased in certain circumstances, for example, where it is no longer necessary for us to process your Personal Information to fulfil our processing purposes; where you object to your data being processed on certain grounds (for example, for marketing purposes) or where your Personal Information is being unlawfully processed;
- the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms;
- the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Information under limited circumstances; and
- the right to have your data ported to a another party if you no longer wish to use the Website or our services.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You can contact us by email at: email@example.com, or write to us at:
Theirworld, The Broadgate Tower, 20 Primrose Street, London, EC2A 2RS
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us at the above address us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy was last updated on 10 September 2018.