Founded 21 years ago and Chaired by Sarah Brown, Theirworld has grown to become a leading global children’s charity committed to the best start in life for children and young people by ending the education crisis and unleashing the potential of the next generation.
If you care about issues like climate change, gender equality, inclusion, helping refugees and ensuring the voices of young people are represented at all levels of decision-making, then education is the key to unlocking big change in these areas. If you want to make change happen, join us!
We believe in unlocking big change from a supportive and inclusive environment. This is why, in 2023, we are trialling an innovative 4-day-working-week model which sees all employees working Monday to Thursday with the office closed on Fridays.
This is in addition to hybrid working with one day a week based in the office.
Other benefits include:
- Regular in-house training
- Central London location: 5 mins from Liverpool St Station and Shoreditch High Street
- Highly competitive salaries
About the role
We seek an individual with a minimum of 1-3 years of digital marketing experience who feels passionate about using their digital skills for a greater purpose.
You will require excellent writing and communication capabilities, as well as a good working knowledge of social media channels and how they work. We operate Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter and YouTube. Experience publishing to web environments; like a website, HTML emails, or blog is an advantage.
Please check out the below websites and their associated mailings and social media channels:
The role sits within our 3-person Digital team, working alongside our wider Communications and Fundraising teams, and reports to our Associate Director of Digital Communications and Marketing. This position will be a 12-month contract.
The post will support the Senior Digital Marketing Manager and Senior Social Media Co-ordinator.
It will cover a broad range of digital marketing skills, with particular attention to:
- Helping coordinate annual, monthly and weekly social media calendars, including:
- Developing text copy and audio-visual assets for our social media channels
- Creating content and messaging which conforms to brand guidelines
- Maintaining and using our social media management platforms
- Helping manage regular email communications, including:
- Working within our CMS e.g. segmenting lists
- Writing and building mailings (with trackable links when required)
- Supporting other teams with their mailings; building, sending drafts for approval, helping to schedule, and making reports
- Website and landing page management, including:
- Drafting copy for digital marketing landing pages as well as on the main Theirworld and the Global Business Coalition for Education’s websites
- Supporting teams with making updates to their pages on the Theirworld and GBC-ed websites
- Supporting our influencer relations and celebrity outreach as needed
These responsibilities and functions may be adjusted slightly for the right candidate and over time as needs change.
Experience, skills and character
- An interest in global issues and campaigning through digital channels
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow brand style, messaging and tone-of-voice guidelines
- Experience developing, scheduling and tracking social media posts
- Experience with longer-form writing and publishing e.g. blog, newsletter, emails
- Experience using graphic design and social media tools an advantage e.g., Canva, Sprout Social
- Experience working with a CMS, like Salesforce, is an advantage. Full CMS training will be provided
- Excellent project management skills, ability to communicate clearly and confidently across teams, and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Resilient, a self-starter and a team player
Circa £25,000 + based on qualifications and experience.
Apply for this role
Please submit your CV and a covering email to [email protected] including the name of the role of interest in the subject line of your email.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is successfully filled.