Share your story of how your life changed #BecauseOfSchool
What did you achieve in your life because you went to school?
That’s the question being asked by the Global Partnership for Education in a four-week social media campaign using the hashtag #BecauseOfSchool.
The GPE has helped to get 22million children into school by working with developing countries in the past 10 years. And now it is working with a wider range of developing countries to change the lives of millions more girls and boys.
As the organisation heads towards its target of raising $3.5billion at its Second Replenishment Pledging Conference on June 26, it wants to hear from ordinary people about what education has done for them.
The GPE has asked for social media users to share their story by:
- Taking a picture of something special in their life which was only possible #BecauseOfSchool
- Sending a message, tweet or post about what they have achieved or can achieve #BecauseOfSchool
- Finding an old photo of themselves for “Throwback Thursday” on May 29, June 5, 12, 19 or 26 and tag #BecauseOfSchool and #ThrowBackThursday
- Sharing their organisation’s results or successes which were made possible #BecauseOfSchool
- Writing their #BecauseOfSchool message on a blackboard or notepad and take a picture
- Take a selfie with their best friend who they met #BecauseOfSchool
Here are some of the responses so far on the Twitter #BecauseOfSchool page: