By submitting this application, you are provisionally confirming that you understand and agree to the terms of agreement of a Theirworld Global Youth Ambassador role as set out below.
Upon a successful application, you will be sent the terms of agreement as a separate document to sign in order to officially become a GYA.
Please read these legal terms carefully and contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.
1. You will become a Global Youth Ambassador (GYA) for the period of two years. During this period, we reserve the right at any time, in our sole discretion, to revoke your position as a GYA, particularly if you fail to fulfil the responsibilities set out in this agreement.
If after two years you have enjoyed being a GYA and would like to continue in the role, you should contact us to let us know. We will then inform you if you can continue as a GYA for one additional year. If we do not hear from you, we will assume that you are no longer interested in being a GYA and you will cease being a GYA. If that happens, or if your position is revoked by us, you must stop performing the role, stop using the name of the Charity, the Charity logo, stop referring to yourself as a GYA and remove existing references including all uses of the Charity name and logo on websites and social media.
2. All GYAs are representatives of Theirworld and must behave at all times in an appropriate way that does not bring Theirworld, its associated companies, Board of Trustees or other staff or volunteers into disrepute.During and after the end of your role as a GYA you must not make any comments that are disparaging about, or take other action that might harm, Theirworld or their respective officers, employees and members, or other GYAs
3. Theirworld believes that all GYAs have a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, especially those at risk.
You must, at all times during your agreement with Theirworld:
a) disclose anything that could reasonably be expected to have an adverse effect on you or Theirworld. This includes any:
i. safeguarding incident (namely, any incident that has led to a referral to a relevant authority or any practice that has resulted in contact with a relevant authority because of safeguarding concerns).
ii. legal proceedings have been started against you or you have instigated legal proceedings against any other party.
iii. serious incident report which has been made to any regulatory authority.
iv. other matter that could damage Theirworld's reputation or bring Theirworld into disrepute.
b) Report any actual or suspected incidents or concerns that you have regarding safety, or risk to their safety, and welfare of children or young people.
c) Treat all children and young people with fairness and equality.
d) Not behave or communicate with children or young people in an attempt to build inappropriate relationships and not use a relationship with a child or young person for your own personal gain or for the gain of any third parties. Not give gifts or receive gifts from children or young people connected to the work of the charity. Not give special rewards or privileges to children or young people connected to the work of the charity.
e) Not engage in, attempt to engage in, sexual or inappropriate relationships as part of your role as a GYA. Not exchange money, employment, goods or services for sexual favours and not possess indecent images of children.
f) Not carry out your volunteer work for Theirworld whilst adversely affected by alcohol or drugs, or other substance abuse, or which in anyway adversely affects or damages the reputation of the organisation, other staff or volunteers.
g) Not engage in any criminal activity or encourage or assist anyone to break the law in anyway, including, but not limited to, being in the possession of illegal goods or substances.
h) Not accept bribes or significant gifts from governments, beneficiaries, donors or others.
4. Being a GYA does not prevent you from joining other campaign and advocacy organisations but you should obtain prior consent from us before you confirm other memberships.
5. This is a voluntary position and you will not receive any payment, and all costs and expenses within this role are your responsibility. If we do agree to reimburse costs and expenses that you incur in connection with a particular event or activity, then these must be approved in advance by us and the original receipts and invoices must be provided, before we can make any reimbursement. If we require your attendance at an event, we will make the travel arrangements and we will discuss these details with you directly. Due to our travel insurance policies and best safeguarding practice, all GYAs will be required to return home after any travel, rather than remaining in the event location.
6. It is essential that as a GYA, you adhere to all applicable laws and not to do, write or say anything that could compromise safety or create a risk to people (including you) or property. This is your responsibility and yours alone.
Theirworld does not have the resources to oversee all contributions and activities taking place globally and as such Theirworld cannot accept, and hereby disclaim, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, all liability in respect of claims of any kind whatsoever, whether in tort, contract, under statute or otherwise arising in any way connection with the contributions and activities by you and other third parties in connection with the programme.
You should stop your activities immediately if they are putting you or your associates at any risk and you should raise any issues with Theirworld as per the procedures in the GYA Handbook as soon as possible, if you have any questions on potential risks.
7. You must not share, copy or retain any information regarding staff and fellow GYAs and you must also respect the confidentiality of staff and fellow volunteers or anyone outside of the organisation who you encounter as part of your GYA role.
By signing this agreement, you agree that Theirworld may hold and use your information for the purposes of administering and supervising your work with the charity and that such information may be available to those who reasonably need to have access to it within the charity.
8. Being a GYA entitles you to use the ‘GYA’ logo set out above (the “Logo”). We grant to you during the term of your role a non-exclusive (which means that others have the right to use it), royalty-free (which means you do not need to pay us to use the Logo) non-transferable licence to use the Logo (without alteration of any kind). Being a GYA does not entitle you to use any other logo of Theirworld and all goodwill resulting from the use of Theirworld name and logo shall accrue to us.
Where possible, content that we have not pre-approved including use of the Charity name and Logo on social media websites should be accompanied by the following: “Opinions are my own and not the views of Theirworld. None of the opinions, ideas or content expressed here are necessarily supported or endorsed by Theirworld”.
We reserve the right to request copies of any material (whether electronic or hard copy) in which you use the Theirworld name and / or Logo. If such information is requested by us, you must provide this information to us promptly. You must follow any instructions we make in relation to the use of the Theirworld name and / or Logo.
9. The role of GYA, the Charity name and Logo must at all times be used solely to promote the aims and objectives of a Theirworld campaign. You must not use your role as GYA, the Charity name or the Logo to promote your own political views or for any commercial gain or in connection with, any activity that might be encouraging violence, hatred or is discriminatory on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age or sexual orientation.
10. If the GYA team have approved in advance activity which includes you photographing or obtaining stories, written, audio or visual material, you must obtain written and signed Participant Consent and Release Forms (provided by Theirworld) from the legal Parent or Guardian of any children involved and send signed copies to the GYA team. Theirworld shall be entitled to terminate this agreement without notice if you do not provide the signed copies of the Participant Consent and Release Forms.
11. You might be asked to provide content or materials about your role as a GYA or to support the GYA programme and you agree by signing this Letter of Agreement to assign to the Charity all existing and future intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, patents, copyright and related rights) and inventions arising from the work that you do as a GYA for the Charity. You also irrevocably waive all moral rights under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (and all similar rights in other jurisdictions) which you have or will have in any existing or future works produced by you in relation to your role as a GYA for the Charity.