Education unlocks a more inclusive world
Inclusive education is essential in ensuring that every child has an equitable and equal chance to grow, learn and succeed.
Every child has the right to access quality education yet almost half of children with disabilities around the world are missing out on school. And even when they are in school, disabilities can mean that some children face significant barriers to learn such as inaccessible curricula, discrimination and a lack of assistive technologies.
Taking an inclusive approach to education is essential in ensuring that every child has an equitable and equal chance to grow, learn and succeed. It is also key to diversifying, enriching and strengthening all communities. These engaging activities will develop learners’ understanding of the different ways in which people learn, build empathy and strengthen collaborative skills.
- Reflect on and discuss their individual approaches to learning
- Discuss the meaning of disability
- Explore some of the barriers to learning that people with disabilities might face
- Celebrate the differences that makes each one of us special and unique
- Identify possible actions they could take to make their classroom more inclusive